Oops!

Thanks for visiting, but I don't update this blog anymore! If you miss me, you can find me on Instagram here and here, at my Etsy shop, and my website :)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 5 - Newspaper and a Blast from the Past

Cheating.
Here is a longish story of Essence - Can't Cheat on Me.  What started out as an attempt to make a holo newspaper manicure turned into a 3-day headache.  Read on to share my pain...


First, here's Can't Cheat on Me by itself. A subtle holo you can find at Ulta for $1. What a great idea.
Blast from the past! This was my first attempt at a newspaper mani using water.  This was around 6 months ago, and as you can see, my nails have improved a lot! So this made me confused.  Why wasn't my newspaper working with Can't Cheat on Me?!
Say no to the top coat! Don't put top coat before transferring newsprint! I thought this would give the print a suspended look.  Wrong.  So I tried a coat of Matte About You to see if it would help.  It didn't!
I figured this was a good time to answer my own question, "What happens when you mattify a holo?" (L - Matte, R - Glossy)


Giving up on the Newspaper for now, I still felt an obligation to use newspaper in some way. So I shredded some up and tossed it on!
Being me, I couldn't leave things alone.  Step in, Wet N' Wild Black Creme.
Boom! Bundle Monster plate BM-223.  Still not enough.
French tips! Wahoo!
Essence - Can't Cheat on Me, Two coats
  Wet N' Wild - Black Creme, Tips and Stamping
Bundle Monster - BM-223
Base: Sally Hansen Quick Care Growth Treatment
Top: NYC - Grand Central Station
 
I hate how it feels, but this long process is guilting me to keep it.  Being in a rush, fussing with Fang's harness, and helping my mom bring in groceries didn't help.  So here is where the story ends.  Not a newspaper manicure, but I tried.  I promise!

Also, I've passed 50 followers! Thanks for making my hobby an obligation now...just kidding!

I'm tired for now, but I've been tagged in an 11 Questions post - soon!

7 comments:

  1. First time I tried, I used topcoat, didn't work :(   Then the next time, perfect!!   Very pretty mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try the newspaper nails, and it definitely helps to know not to use nail polish! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol funny post! I can never find Can't Chet On Me @ my Local Ulta stores! :p you can't even get it online :( not that I really Need another holo. Still every time I see one I don't have I crave it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I like this post! You're funny. I had the same problem with topcoat. Sigh. Good intentions but not the best outcome. I love the shredded look, great use of the newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, love the result, that black line on the top of the nail is so glam ! <3

    You're invited to enter my Valentine's giveaway to win 120$ gift certificate and tights on Romwe.com  !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...it never really says HOW the newspaper has to be used. Hooray for thinking outside the bottle! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I love the stamping you did

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...