Oops!

Thanks for visiting, but I don't update this blog anymore! If you miss me, you can find me on Instagram here and here, at my Etsy shop, and my website :)

Friday, February 17, 2012

Tutorial: Simple Heart Nail Art


"I can't do nail art! I just can't!"
If this is how you feel, prepare to be wrong.  Adapted from Nailside's Freehand Cloud Design, here's a step-by-step on how I achieved possibly the simplest nail art heart in the world.  No mess, no nail art brushes, no dotting tools, no fuss!


  • I've oriented the photo this way because it's pretty much the angle I was working at in real life.  Doesn't it look like I have 5 creepy fingers? Anyway...
  • All I did was wipe the excess polish off one side of my brush, touch the brush along the straight edge of my nail (wait a moment so the edge rounds out slightly), and swipe straight out.
  • Starting a bit lower and to the side, you repeat the process; this time, curve your swipe so that the end overlaps with the end of the first swipe.
  • Don't worry if your lines were too rigid and it just looks like a "V." Look away, look back, realize that that's kind what hearts look like anyway, and smile.
  • I'm sure you've seen it, but remember to check Jane's Freehand Cloud tutorial for more tips, because the concept is essentially the same.
Try it with one layer, two layers, over french tips, with a crackle polish for a broken-hearted look...just go crazy and show me!


(from Week 7's challenge)
Oh, the polishes in this post are:
A nude franken, Wet N' Wild - French White Creme, China Glaze Crackle - Lightning Bolt, Sinful Colors - Cream Pink

Did I explain that okay? I hope this is easy for someone else, because seriously it only took seconds when I tried again! I'll be doing this a lot, even though Valentine's Day is over.  Hearts are always relevant!

2 comments:

  1. So cute and a great tutorial! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to add some fun (and EASY) nail art to your mani!!  :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...