"I can't do nail art! I just can't!"
If this is how you feel, prepare to be wrong. Adapted from Nailside's Freehand Cloud Design, here's a step-by-step on how I achieved possibly the simplest nail art heart in the world. No mess, no nail art brushes, no dotting tools, no fuss!
- I've oriented the photo this way because it's pretty much the angle I was working at in real life. Doesn't it look like I have 5 creepy fingers? Anyway...
- All I did was wipe the excess polish off one side of my brush, touch the brush along the straight edge of my nail (wait a moment so the edge rounds out slightly), and swipe straight out.
- Starting a bit lower and to the side, you repeat the process; this time, curve your swipe so that the end overlaps with the end of the first swipe.
- Don't worry if your lines were too rigid and it just looks like a "V." Look away, look back, realize that that's kind what hearts look like anyway, and smile.
- I'm sure you've seen it, but remember to check Jane's Freehand Cloud tutorial for more tips, because the concept is essentially the same.
|(from Week 7's challenge)|
A nude franken, Wet N' Wild - French White Creme, China Glaze Crackle - Lightning Bolt, Sinful Colors - Cream Pink
Did I explain that okay? I hope this is easy for someone else, because seriously it only took seconds when I tried again! I'll be doing this a lot, even though Valentine's Day is over. Hearts are always relevant!