Again, no nail art brushes or dotting tools needed! Using the same techniques as last time, in the Simple Heart Nail Art Tutorial, you can make a festive St. Patrick's day manicure. Step-by-step after the jump:
Wet N' Wild - French White Creme, One coat
Orly - Lucky Duck, Clovers
- I made thinner swipes than in the heart tutorial, so that there would be more room for all the leaves.
- Try to leave more space between your two clusters, otherwise it just looks kind of like an asterisk.
- All I did was wipe the excess polish off one side of my brush, touch the brush along the straight edge of my nail (wait a moment so the edge rounds out slightly), and swipe straight out.
- Starting a bit lower and to the side, you repeat the process; this time, curve your swipe so that the end overlaps with the end of the first swipe.
- Don't worry if your lines were too rigid and it just looks like a "V."
- I'm sure you've seen it, but remember to check Jane at Nailside's Freehand Cloud tutorial for more tips, because the concept is essentially the same.
I love things like this, with a low ratio of time:results. I hope this helps somebody out!